November 15, 2010

Fun Fabrics and Aprons

I've just picked up a beautiful assortment of fabrics at a local shop "Fourth and Main" in Cannon Falls.  The shop is filled with bolts and bolts of fancy fabrics.   Unfortunately they don't have a website to visit, but you can see photos of the store
HERE.  I love the tin ceiling, the vintage lights and the rows and rows of colorful fabrics!


The green polka dots and brown and cream swirly print were just used to make a fun, ruffly apron.  I'm working on a few test aprons for a holiday apron pattern.  
I've finished my first test apron and although it's cute, it's a bit too ruffly for my taste. 


My favorite part of this apron is the pocket.  It ties at the top and forms a "basket" shape.  Perfect for your cell phone, fruit snacks or sippy cup storage.  I think I'll call it a basket pocket.


The goal is for the final pattern package to include sizes for dolls, toddlers, children, women and plus sizes!


Fourth and Main fabrics has also placed an order to carry some of my patterns!  A few of the dress and skirt patterns will be available in a print version in their store starting on Tuesday.  I think I'll have to go visit just to see them hanging there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...